Christmas would not be Christmas without nougat; this, together with cider, is one of the Christmas products that cannot be missed on your larder. The most popular nougats are Alicante Hard nougat, Jijona Soft nougat and chocolate and almonds nougat, which is becoming more and more popular. In La Gourmeta, you can find a wide range of gourmet nougats.
If you want to surprise your guests this Christmas, you will love these 2 desserts recipes in which the main ingredient is nougat. Do you dare to try?
Soft nougat crème caramel
Ingredients (8 people):
- 1 bar of Jijona nougat (soft) of 300 grams
- 500 ml of whole milk
- 5 eggs XL
- 5 spoons of sugar
- Sugar syrup
How to prepare nougat crème caramel
- Heat the oven at 170º and prepare a bowl with water to prepare the crème caramel in bain-marie.
- Put the milk and the chopped nougat into the mixer and mix it until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and add the sugar in a different bowl.
- Mix the milk and nougat with the eggs and sugar. This will be the mixture for the crème caramel.
- Prepare the crème caramel mould by adding sugar syrup and then add the mixture to the mould. Cover it with aluminum foil and put the mould into the bowl with water that you have inside the oven. Boil for about 1 hour at 170º.
- Check with a stick if the crème caramel is already done, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool without covering. Then, place it in the fridge and after about 4 hours, you can eat it.
Sponge Cake with hard nougat and goat cheese morsels.
Ingredients (4 people):
- 4 small pieces of sponge cake
- 80 g of Alicante hard nougat
- 4 slices of goat cheese
- 60 g of dark chocolate
- 200 ml of sour cream
- Some mint leaves
How to prepare sponge cake with nougat and goat cheese morsels.
- Prepare the oven tray with baking paper
- Cut the sponge cakes with a rounded mould and place them on the oven tray.
- Put a slice of goat cheese over each sponge cake.
- Grate Alicante hard nougat and put a layer of grating over cheese. Grill in the oven for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Heat the cream until it boils, add the pieces of chocolate and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and put the mixture on the bottom of the plate. Place the sponge cake morsel, cheese and nougat above and garnish with more mint.
Moreover, with these recipes you will make the most of nougat bars remaining after Christmas. Happy holidays and enjoy!